Girls Everywhere Meeting the Saviour
A club for girls in third through seventh grades
(or ages 7 to 13)
GEMS Club seeks to equip girls to live radically faithful lives–doing justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly with God.
Theme: CHOOSE TRUTH
Theme Verse for 2015-16: “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path” ~ Psalm 119:105
First Club Night and Registration: Thursday, Sep 17, 2015 at 7 PM at New Westminster CRC
What to bring?
- BC Medical Card
- Your postal code
- Cheque book
- Registration Form. To register, please download and fill in the form and drop it off at the church on weekdays or at the registration night (Thursday, Sep 17, 2015 at 7 PM), together with the club fee
When do we meet?
- With some exceptions, GEMS Club meets every other Thursday from September to May.
- We meet on the same nights as Cadets, our church’s club for boys in the same grades.
How do we work our purpose into our GEMS Club?
- With emphasis on knowing God’s Word for our day
- Learning skills and crafting in exploration of God’s gifting
- Learning about God’s world so we can be better caretakers of it
- Learning how to get along with one another
- Being “others focused”: Giving to various organizations–Ex: Seafarers’ Christmas Boxes; Community Development in Honduras
Who can participate?
- Girls in grades 3 through 7; from within the congregation and/or from the Burnaby, New West neighbourhood.
- Counselors–adult women (one per small group)
- Assistant Counselors–adult women (one per small group)
- CITs (Counselors in Training)–high school girls (one per small group)
What does a GEMS Club Night look like?
6:50–We begin in our small groups working on badges, learning crafts and getting to know one another.
8:00–We gather for a snack.
8:15–We sing and focus on ending our day focusing on our great God.
8:30–Our evening together is over.
Do you observe any special nights?
- Throughout the year, we celebrate several holidays with a big party. The girls enjoy special holiday crafts, snacks and games.
Is there a fee?
- There is a non-refundable fee for the year.
- No new registrations are accepted after November.
Do we have to fundraise as a participating family?
- GEMS has an ongoing fundraiser in place. We collect bottles for return and put the money earned toward our church’s Honduras project in community development in rural villages. See the link here.
- Families from our church also contribute bottles and sometimes the cash from their own bottle returns.
- We continue to fundraise for this project, sometimes adding a bake sale to our bottle return money.
- Our policy is to do as little other fundraising as possible–especially for ourselves.
For more information on the GEMS Girls Club click here!
Any inquiries, please contact us through the form below: